threads
Page 7 of 8
Mazda Projects \  Post your engine bay!!

Post your engine bay!!

Mazda Projects
views 23265
replies 77
following 46

massivenuts   +1y
nasty old 2.5 turbo diesel
thread post photo
mazdizzle   +1y
Well crap I must be loosing my mind
low_life77   +1y

Gotta love the turbo diesels!
low_life77   +1y

How difficult is the FE3 swap? I know that's kind of a broad question to ask but I'm debating of building another F2 internals, head work, cam, EFI, and boost it with the same rear end set up as yours, or doing a FE3 swap and boosting it. Trying to get an idea on what the average cost will be for each option, the power out put, and the difficulty level. Any info and your input would be great thanks man!

Chance
mazdizzle   +1y
The fe3 swap is pretty easy it bolts right into place. Running the turbo isn't really easy because most everything has to be custom made. I'm using a modified miata turbo manifold and have a jdm fe3 intake with the box welded to it. Kia uses air shroud injectors so aftermarket larger ones won't drop in. I have 460cc rx7 injectors in mine
artimus   +1y
Ive not made it pretty yet, but here is my engine bay with the Rover 3.5L

thread post photo

Engine Bay with Rover V8
befarrer   +1y
I notice your battery is on the left side (when sitting in cab), and yours was a carbd B2600 originally, i tried looking for an engine bay shot of one of these for awhile to see if the battery was on the left or right while i was doing my swap. I had to relocate my battery to the left side. The carbd B2600's had the exhaust manifold on the right side and intake on the left, reverse of the Mazda motors.
befarrer   +1y
Heres mine, new ported intake manifold, loos the same on the outside, painted the letters red, added a no pistons decal lol. New radiator over winter, relocated my oil cooler as far down as possible, meaning I had to tilt the rad forward, good thing the rotary motor is not very long. I also made a cold air box for the air filter, it gets air from holes in the front firewall and I also have a duct in-front of the rad for sucking air.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
shortymattman   +1y
Here is most recent pic...
post photo