threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  1984 B2000 Newbie--Fuel pump and relay issue.

1984 B2000 Newbie--Fuel pump and relay issue.

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1353
replies 2
following 2

sharby   +1y
Hello,
New to site and from what I have read, there has been some discussion with starting B2000 (MA motor) and then stopping after ignition key is released.
I have checked the fuel pump by direct connect to the battery and still works, however cannot see or hear any power coming to the pump when ignition fired up.
So what I think is that there is a fuel pump relay that I can not find. This has only occurred when the battery died and I had to re charge and since the above issue has occurred.
Any pictures of the relay or where it is would be appreciated.
Cusser   +1y
Are you sure that this is not an ignition switch issue (the electrical part)? Does the fuel pump get power in the start position but not in the run position when you release the key ? I know the 1986-1993 B-trucks had issues with that as they aged and got used a zillion times.
sharby   +1y
Finally found the issue. The prior owner who did the resto on the "beast" did not wire the fuse box up as noted. The prime ignition wire was under the "cooling" fuse and once this was known, the connections were cleaned and all worked well. I had two Auto electricians out to tell me that it was a fuel problem, but did not accept this with the second bloke and he did a further tinker around and found the issue.

Thanks for your response.
Page 1 of 1