Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  HELP! Dash and taillights not working

HELP! Dash and taillights not working

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 406
replies 4
following 3

rb86   +1y
Any idea why my taillights and dash light wouldn't turn on? I've checked the fuses under the hood but they all seem to be fine. Is there something I'm missing here?
kimballs   +1y
What year and model? mines a 93 2200 and it has a secondary fun box in the cab under the steering colum it will be the top right fuse if it's your dash lights and rear.
Cusser   +1y

It's a separate circuit in the headlight part of the combination switch, this happened to my '88 a few years ago, not uncommon on these trucks as they age, and the headlights themselves will still work fine (a different circuit).

See these links, to repair or replace your switch (there are two types of switches, very similar):

rb86   +1y
Thank you, does it apply to the 79-84 models as well?
Cusser   +1y

I don't know; you'll need to use Mr. DC test light or Mr. DC voltmeter to determine that on yours.

Since your headlights work, you've got power into the headlight switch; a quick test with the switch in that on position should tell you whether positive voltage is in that wire to the running lights and instrument panel. In general: if the fuse is good, then likely the switch, because too much of a coincidence for all those circuits to go bad at once, and the common functionality is that secondary circuit of the headlight switch. So that's where I'd put my bet.
Page 1 of 1