Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine General \  Private Messages

Private Messages

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1212
replies 10
following 4

Cusser   +1y
Whatever changed recently with the Private Messages - well, it sucks. Instead of listing separately, it combines into a single subject, maybe looks slightly bolder. And I do not get a pop-up window or anything at the top to tell me if I have a messages, or how many messages I have (so I could glance and see if there's a new one, like an additional number).

And now I'm getting an E-mail to my home E-mail instead.

CHANGE BACK.

Oh, didn't know what section to post this in....
dan woodland   +1y
You also can't send a PM to anyone that you haven't sent one to unless you friend request them first.
mymmeryloss   +1y
Good thing i dont like any of you enough to pm you...
baha   +1y
I just wanted to clear up some things, the system has changed. Soon, hopefully tonight messages will be consolidated by user, so you won't have to search for individual messages you've sent back and forth to another member, they will be all in one spot.

Cusser - I believe once the messages are consolidated it will be easier to use. On other pages on the site other than the forums it does indicate when you have unread messages. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's just part of moving the site off of phpbb.

When you say "And now I'm getting an E-mail to my home E-mail instead" I'm not sure what you mean.

Dan - You can send a message to someone with out friend requesting them. Up slightly and to the right where it says "You must be friends with member to see their information", click where it says Send Message. That's all you need to do.
sincitylocal   +1y
I seem to have messages in my boxes that don't correspond with the member indicated.
For example, if I click on norcallumps in my sent box, I get a message from laydoutyota with a date from 2007. I did not join the site until 2009. So it appears that my sent box messages are linked to someone else's in box.
baha   +1y
Woa good catch SinCityLocal! I will have a fix for that bug shortly. Sorry about that.

Thanks all for the feed back!
baha   +1y
I made an update last night, I consolidated the messages per member and when you click to send someone a message you've already talked to it will direct you to the conversation you already have going. Did that help at all Cusser?

I haven't added the fix for the bug SinCityLocal pointed out yet, I should have a fix in place by the end of the week. Thanks again SinCity!
dan woodland   +1y
I should have said, if you are in your own inbox and click "new Message" all I get is this...

Select a Friend to Message
You haven't added any friends yet.
baha   +1y
Oh I gotcha, if you were able to search for a member on that page by typing their user name would that work?
dan woodland   +1y
As Curly used to say "soitenly"!