Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  Distributor Wiring 1991 B2600I

Distributor Wiring 1991 B2600I

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 8365
replies 8
following 4

dwhitt   +1y
My 1991 B2600i the wire Connector Came off of the distributor and got in to the fan blade . it pulled the wires out of the connector and the connector was lost. I found a connector that fits the distributor but the wire colors are different . I Need to know how the wires go back in to the plug from the harness side of the connector, connector lock Pointed To the Passenger Side . Or A Close up picture of the connector with the wires in it would be great

My Wire Colors Are Yellow/Blue Stripe, Black , Pink , Black/Yellow Stripe

Thanks
D Whitt
Cusser   +1y
PM Scotch, or wait for his post, he knows.

So will Axel Breaker Earl.
scotch   +1y
It should be Black at the top (nearest the firewall,) then Black/Yellow Stripe, then Pink, then Yellow/Blue Stripe at the bottom.

Now I'm curious, where did you find a replacement connecter?
cab+rider   +1y
Here's a schematic of the B2600i. The Crank Angle Sensor is the distributor portion wiring. B3-13 is the connector of the distributor plug.
Sorry about the enlarged schematic I'm not sure how to decrease the size.
[URL=]
thread post photo
post photo
dwhitt   +1y
Thanks For The Diagram .
That Is Just What I Needed.
Is That From The Back Of The Plug Or The Front Of The Plug ??

Thanks Again

Dwhitt
dwhitt   +1y
Thanks Scotch

That Covers It

My brother has a old B2200 Got the plug off of it but the colors were different

Thanks Again

D Whitt
FastLearner   +1y
Hi guys,

I bought a B2600i which was worked on by a backyard mechanic it seems. For some reason the cables coming from the ECU to the distributor are Black & Green, Black & Orange, Pink and Purple.I am thus trying to manually figure out which cable is which by testing with multimeter- I assume the bottom pin on the distributor is ground, and that the very top plug would be the "trigger" signal from the ecu - what are the other two? Can I expect the top plug's wire to show 12V on my multimeter if I attempt to start the car?.

Thank you John
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Dewhitt asks Is "That From The Back Of The Plug Or The Front Of The Plug ??"

I believe it is from the front of the plug, and looking over the top of it towards the wires. But I could be wrong.

If you din't get this figured out, someone will have an answer for you.
Page 1 of 1