threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  72-93 Mazda B Series Vehicle Identification Number Locations

72-93 Mazda B Series Vehicle Identification Number Locations

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 15362
replies 6
following 5

baha   +1y
1972 - 1993 Mazda B Series Vehicle Identification Numbers and locations.

As vehicles are passed from owner to owner parts may be replaced or changed. Vehicle identification numbers are valuable to identify original equipment information, as well as identify changes.

Vehicle Identification Number VIN Plate
The Vehicle Identification Number Plate or VIN Plate is located on the driver's side dash. It is visible from the outside of the vehicle through the driver's side of the windshield. The VIN must match the VIN on the Vehicle's Certificate of Title and Registration. These numbers represent information such as where and when the vehicle was manufactured as well as model year and body style.

Certification Regulation Plate
The Certification Regulation Plate is located on the drivers side door pillar above the door striker. You will need to open the door to view the certification regulation plate. This plate contains information such as the mane of the manufacturer, month and year of manufacture, GVWR or Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, GAWR or Gross Axle Weight Rating and certification statement. This plate also contains the Vehicle Identification Number as listed on the VIN Plate.

Chassis Number
The chassis number of your truck is located on the passenger side frame rail to the right of the firewall. It can be viewed by looking through the passenger side wheel well between the tire, and the rear part of the fender attached to the cab.

Vehicle Emission Control Information or (VECI) Label
The Vehicle Emission Control Information label is located on the underside of the hood. It is towards the front of the hood to the left of the hood striker on the passenger side. The VECI contains information about your vehicle's emission controls.

Engine Number
The engine number is stamped on the front of the engine block near the distributor.

Tire Pressure Label
The Tire Pressure Label contains factory tire pressure specifications. It can be found on the drivers side door pillar underneath the door striker. You will need to open the door to see the label.
mazdaman82   +1y
very good info....
zanzer   +1y

Digging up an old post, I know.

But I thought I'd post some clarification on chassis numbers since I just went through this while ordering front suspension parts for my truck.

The chassis number of your truck is the last 6 digits of the VIN number

I was having some difficulty locating the correct front suspension/steering parts for my truck because everything listed said either "To", "Through", or "From Chassis No. 11H-589387". When I looked at the frame rail on my 86 B2000 all I found was the VIN stamped into the rail and nothing that looked close to the "11H" number nomenclature all the catalogs and listings was referencing.

But my truck is handling horribly so I decided to take a chance and I recently ordered a suspension parts kit from Ebay that was listed specifically for my 86 B2000. When everything arrived all the numbers checked out (based on a RockAuto cross reference) except for my 2 inner tie rods. They sent 2 MOOG part #ES2992 inner tie rod ends when the auction clearly had 2 part #ES2995 listed. My first thought was "are these going to fit? Am i going to have to go through the hassle of shipping parts back?". Then while cross referencing the parts on AutoZone's website I saw a blurb in the details section for part ES2992 that said "From serial #0589387 (last 7 digits of VIN code)". So as you can see from the above post; if you drop the "11H" from their chassis number designation you get "0589387" or just "589387" if you also drop the zero.

When I looked at the last 6 digits of the VIN for my 86 B2000 my number is "630696". So really, if they had sent me part #'s ES2995 they may not have been the correct ones since my truck has a higher chassis number than 589387.

I hope this helps clear things up for others playing chassis number bingo.
dan woodland   +1y
Good info, welcome back from the abyss.
justin.keiss   +1y
Anyone have laying around picture of chassis number? I have to re-manufacture it. Rust is done its work, but I need to register my truck. Cant do it, without chassis number. Is it just VIN number or something else? Part of VIN maybe?

Thanks!
Post was last edited on Dec 01, 2017 05:12. This post has been edited 1 times.
lowlife   +1y
how do i post a freaking question on here,geez?
Page 1 of 1