Page 1 of 3
Mazda Projects \  Democedes' B2200 build

Democedes' B2200 build

Mazda Projects
views 6858
replies 20
following 6

democedes   +1y
Here are some pics of the tear down of the parts truck. Was done in 1 day with two of us. This is an extended cab SE-5 that is being parted out now.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

She was pretty rotten, and had some bad patches where they used screws instead of welding the metal in.

Here are some more pictures. The floor on the Extended cab wasn't as bad as expected, but the long bed is in much better shape. This has turned into fix the long bed and part out the extended cab. If anyone needs parts let me know, I have a few things available.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
mymmeryloss   +1y
That rear bumper tho!

Where u located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
democedes   +1y
Located in Halifax Nova Scotia, little ways away from CO. From the looks of things I may go with a roll pan only on the truck.
lowlyfe   +1y
Nice project. If you do a rollpan, weld in some type of support bumper to keep from ripping it off like we just did.
daddy.o   +1y
get into it!
democedes   +1y
So last night we completed fixing up the frame from the red truck (Small patch) and started cleaning up the patch areas on the floor of the cab. Didnt take any pics last night will get some tonight.

Plans for tonight are to get the patches welded in the floor of the cab, finish cleaning the frame and paint it. Hopefully be able to do this in 3-4 hours.
mymmeryloss   +1y
Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
democedes   +1y
So tonight was interesting, the reg cab truck is in much worse condition than thought. So tonight we converted the long bed box into a short bed. Cut 17 inches out of the bed. We will be removing two mounts from the frame (Front mounts for long bed) and repositioning the body mounts for the rear of the cab (To match extended cab). This should be the final change of plans, has to be because we already cut down the long bed
democedes   +1y
Updates

Pictures from last nights work cutting down the long bed to a short bed. Also some pictures of the frame work.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

First cuts into the bed:
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

How much had to be removed:

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Now a short bed:

thread post photo
baha   +1y
Nice job on the shortening, looks like you cut it at the factory seam so it looks factory.

Are you going to be selling any of the pieces you are cutting off the truck(s)?