Page 15 of 15
Mazda Projects \  87 B2600 Ford 302 Build

87 B2600 Ford 302 Build

Mazda Projects
views 32962
replies 142
following 17

crazycracker   +1y
Hey 347 Stroker, I kept the original rear for now. There's conflicting info on this site as to whether it can last behind a V8, but it seemed like the ones most adamant that it's not up to the task were people with B2200's, so maybe the B2600 has a slightly tougher rear? My V8 is pretty mild so I figure no harm in giving it a shot! Anyway my plan is, if it doesn't last I will find an RX7 being parted out and grab the LSD center section, or I will find an early-mid-80's Toyota 4x4 being parted out and get the entire rear from it.
347 stroker   +1y
So, I take it you're already driving it around w/o problems so far? I did read about the RX7 LSD swap on this thread actually... I may look into that option eventually. Either way, CONGRATS! and enjoy your build!
crazycracker   +1y
I'm still in the test drive phase, I put about 15 miles on it last week, and this weekend addressing some electrical issues and tweaking this & that, and put some more miles on this week coming up. But I'm trying to avoid burning the tires down, which is hard to do, because it wants to. It really really wants to :D