Page 1 of 38
Mazda Projects \  Project: Mazdizzle 88 b2200 build turbo FE3

Project: Mazdizzle 88 b2200 build turbo FE3

Mazda Projects
views 94078
replies 375
following 60

mazdizzle   +1y
Decided to start a project thread and since the one I started in off topic was becoming one.

Here's a little history. Truck is a 1988 B2200 I bought from my neighbor for $200 in 02 or 03 don't remember. Rebuilt the motor in 05, drove it for about 1000 miles then decided to c-notch the frame and bag the rear and that was the last time it saw the road until last weekend when I brought it home from my parents house. Here's some info and a lot of pics

Suicide doors super pivot super lift 4 link
slam re7 and re6 bags
8 blitzluft 1/2 valves
sanden 708 edc
12 gallon tank
weber carb
pacesetter header
trailer fenders in front
early blazer fuel tank behind axle
18" navigator wheels 215/35/18 tires

thread post photo

thread post photo

Current pictures from the past week after sitting for 6 years

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Started getting the front ready to bag tonight. Have about 6 hours in it so far and still need to trim the lca's a little more so they clear the frame. It's about 1/2 from laying frame
thread post photo
Post was last edited on Apr 16, 2013 07:04. This post has been edited 16 times.
mazdizzle   +1y
Pic after cutting everything off last night. Hope to get started on bag brackets tonight
thread post photo
baha   +1y
That's going to look awesome laid out. Are you going to keep the same shade of blue? It looks really good with the aluminum wheels.
mazdizzle   +1y
I'm going to paint it an alfa romero color that flips from blue to gold. The engine bay is painted that color but it's hard to see in the pics. It really pops in the sunlight. Heres a pic when I painted it
thread post photo
mazdizzle   +1y
RIP cadillac tail light bed. Sat outside uncovered for 5 years and it didn't survive. Had 60 hours + in this bed but body filler was starting to crack and metal was rusting. Would have been ok if it was painted but the primer didn't seal it up enough from the weather
thread post photo
jibee   +1y
Truck looks great!! I love those Navigator wheels on our trucks. Good Looking build!!
mazdizzle   +1y
Made good progress on the truck past few days. Got the upper control arms pie cut tonight so it finally lays frame! Passenger side was kinda trial and error trimming the lower control arm to clear the frame but once it was done the drivers side was super easy. Going to pull the uca's back off tomorrow to finish welding and hopefully start on the bag brackets. Pics to come tomorrow
mazdizzle   +1y
Ended up welding the upper control arms then me and my buddy went cruising on the motorcycles. Going to work on bag brackets tomorrow unless it rains. Then I'll have to find a way to get it in the garage
mazdizzle   +1y
Yet another day or in my case a few hours of work and still no bag brackets welded in. Spent the evening trimming the lower control arms more to clear whats left of the shock bracket under the frame. I believe everything is good to go now.
teaspoon   +1y
looking good man. Keep it up. What color you gonna paint it?