threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  1988 Courier/b2000 Fuel pump? (hope right place to post)

1988 Courier/b2000 Fuel pump? (hope right place to post)

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 464
replies 1
following 2

baggedrb20   +1y
hey guys I'm from NZ and i am building up my bagged 88 courier with an rb20det in her
I'm now running fuel cell in rear chassie, my fuel lines are running down the chassie following the notch (Up, across and Down) on the inside and carries on... I'm running a EFI fuel filter followed by a bosch 044 pump. i have been mucking around with this setup and when i try out the pump it seams to struggle and I'm guessing this is because of the lines going up the notch. I have tried my carter lift pump before the filter to see if this will change. It sounded like it had a bit more power.
my question is am i better to get another 044 pump and pump it along side of the other one or put it on the other side of the notch to help pull the flow from other pump?
Or would i be better to just get this one by itself or alongside 044

any help much appreciated as soon as possible as if i need to get another pump ill need to order one and have to instal and truck goes into sparky next monday
cheers James
geterdun   +1y
Are you sure the sock on the end of the fuel intake line in the tank is not too clogged to allow fuel to be drawn though it? Apply air pressure to the fuel line with no pump or fuel filter in between. There should be a lot of bubbling heard at the fuel input spout for the tank (where you put the gas in). Not so much, plugged sock.

Always put pump after the filter.
Page 1 of 1