Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine General \  Need Help! Its my Daily driver

Need Help! Its my Daily driver

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1623
replies 28
following 8

jayking   +1y
I was driving home from work yesterday and a guy in a Kia Rio cut me off, so I pulled up beside him and dropped it in 3rd and dropped the clutch pretty quick, shortly after that I noticed what seems to be either a miss or a fuel issue. It wont stay started unless I'm giving it gas. When I try to hold it at about 2 or 3k rpms, its going up and down. I'm fixing to go bypass my fuel filter and see what happens, but advice is needed. I need to work tomorrow
dan woodland   +1y
I'd look at the fuel filter first and don't bypass it, it's there for a reason!

Is your truck stock, does it have a Weber??? etc...
jayking   +1y
Yes Weber carb and pacesetters. All emissions gone! Double checked all vac plugs on intake.
Went to Autozone. 3.99 fuel filter installed, problem still exist! I recorded the filter filling up, seems pump is working good too.
jayking   +1y
Just went through my vacuum holes again! All present!
Ok, So if I go on up to around 3500 rpms it steady's out(RPM) but the lower rpm I try to idle it at the worst it gets! When I take foot of gas it immediately dies!
Cusser   +1y
You don't still have a hooked up EGR, do you? A stuck open or partially open EGR will cause all sort of low rpm issues.
jayking   +1y
Nope, EGR removed and got a plate on it. Let check around that seal in the morning. Might just take it off and re-seal it anyways just to be certain. I must say, this one is a doozy!
dan woodland   +1y
You may have a vacuum leak. Get it running and spray carb cleaner around all the mating surfaces. If the rams change you have a leak.
jayking   +1y
ok, egr plate has no leaks, motor doesn't do $hit when I spray carb cleaner around it!
Cusser   +1y
About 10 years ago I had trouble with ignitor and pick up in my '88 B2200 distributor, it basically ran like crap and was unsafe to drive until those were renewed.
jayking   +1y
can I ask you how to test those? And where they are at?