Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine General \  Fuel sending unit for my 1988 B2200

Fuel sending unit for my 1988 B2200

Mazda Engine General Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3527
replies 8
following 4

blind123   +1y
Trying to figure out why my gas level isn't working I find that the float level arm in the fuel sending unit is burned, how did this not catch fire inside the gas tank? I started checking out how much it would cost and seems like Mazda sells the arm by itself for $120. Anyone have any idea where else I could get this? Maybe replace the whole fuel sending unit? I tried looking online but most of the ones I see don't have a fuel pump or any place to put one.

I recently bought this truck so don't know much about it and don't know if this is the original fuel sending unit that came with it. Looks like this one here: but the website says that's for a 'cab plus' while mine is a 'standard cab'.
post photo
post photo
atkins dan   +1y
Send me a PM with your Vin # as I have been selling these for a few years for 94 dollars plus shipping..

Now if you need the mounting bracket that is a whole another story..
I think with ground shipping it comes to 109.00 or so..

Dan
blind123   +1y
Well, went ahead and bought the part here, had to return 2 of them. Turns out this whole part isn't really from this truck it seems. So on the third part they ordered over at Mazda I get the right one and install it. Try to first turn it on and still guage isn't moving. The wires coming from it were actually spliced for some reason and I took off all the take and extra like 2 feet they had on these wires. I added a picture of what I had seen a while back (didn't know what all the wires were at the time) and what it looks like now.

How do you go about testing the guage in the truck first? I am thinking it might be a ground issue right now but guess I have to start at the guage.
post photo
post photo
slamsonthedawgmaster   +1y
Was you truck an automatic?
blind123   +1y
Yes it's an automatic.
Make sure they know at the dealer..that's a different sender entirely...and you should be able to get the fuel gauge sender separate..last I checked they were around $60
blind123   +1y
Yeah, first two ordered were supposed to be for the truck but they weren't, got it right on the third time. First one was $80 here and the other two were $100...so, kept the last one but still trying to figure out whats wrong with this.
Damn.. most of your problem is most likely the wiring if it still doesn't work.. the plugs like to corrode and come apart and guys splice in whatever they can to make it work..the gauge runs off resistance and adding butt connectors changes it a bit..got access to another rear harness to plug it in and see if if works?
Derek79   +1y
Hey so I had a quick question on this, where do the wires for the sending unit run? Cuz I don't see them running along the frame rail or anything and I just want to make sure I don't have a broken wire before replacing the sending unti
Page 1 of 1