Page 2 of 3
Mazda Projects \  2006 scion xB "turtle van"

2006 scion xB "turtle van"

Mazda Projects
views 6180
replies 21
following 7

91extcab   +1y
I cut the rear seat bracket mounting tabs so i could get more of a bucket seat feel from the stock single person bench seats that are disguised as bucket seats. They actually feel like bucket seats now that the butt cushion isn't completely horizontal. Definitely gives even more head room than before.

mazdaman_573   +1y
Looks clean man
91extcab   +1y
I decided to get this instead of dumping a bunch of cash into the Mazda. I really needed something with more room that was cheaper to drive and maintain than the Mazda. The Mazda also needed quite a bit of work to pass NC's safety inspection for me to be able to renew the tabs. i really just wanted to be able to take my time on the truck and not have to worry about it needing to be ready to drive that day, or the next day. Unfortunately i probably won't be doing much to the flatbed for a while as I'll most likely do stuff to the xb so it isn't too stock, and I'd like to finish the trailer before i do anything to the truck.
91extcab   +1y
Keeping with my previous post, nothing has been done to the flatbed since parking it and draining the tank. The trailer frame got trimmed of excess stuff, need to pick up some 2x2 or 2x3 box tube, and some 1x1 square tube so i can progress on that.

On the xb i have put clear bulbs in my corner markers and rear turn signals. Wired fender markers to be on with the running lights in addition to its factory function of just turn signal, and wired the rear side markers to blink with the turn signals in addition to the factory function of running light only. Blacked out my stock headlights and corner markers. And got my espam (jdm esam knockoff) ventshades

91extcab   +1y
So I've had the xb a little over 6 months now, and had finally tired of the satin black steelies and decided some color was in order. The picture makes them look darker than they really are, they are actually a bit brighter. I do think a darker purple might go better with the dark green of the camouflage metallic, but i think i might rather paint the xb a brighter green like that of the envy green.
post photo
91extcab   +1y
Envy green

thread post photo
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Looking good except for the rubber bands. needs more meet on them tires.
91extcab   +1y
The pic above is just to showcase what the envy green color looks like, and how it would be a better fit for the purple rims in the last picture on the previous page. the envy green xb is not mine.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
I figured it was a rendering.
91extcab   +1y
Nope, that envy green one belongs to someone our there. Envy green along with solar yellow, torched penny and the rest of the not so ordinary colors were originally release series, or RS X.0 (x being whichever release number it is).