Mazda Wheels Tires \  crome navigator rims will they fit ???//

crome navigator rims will they fit ???//

Mazda Wheels Tires Mazda Tech
views 2741
replies 16
following 6

jason eden   +1y
I did a search and found a few things .

1. was told the crome rims are 8" wide and the other rims with the lines on them are 7,5" wide.

2. a guy on here said the crome ones will fit but I never saw his truck with the bed on it.

I have an 88 2 wd " i dont want 4 wd body " please help with pics and info. jason
jason eden   +1y
and yes i know they have to be redrilled and the nubbs have to be shaved or rim center opened up.
mazdizzle   +1y
The chrome ones may fit it all depends on where the extra 1/2 width is added on the rim. If it's 1/4 on each side they still may clear. When I set up my 4 link I centered the axle under the bed because it was farther to one side than the other so you will have to watch out for that too.
jason eden   +1y
i guess in the next few days ill take the nubs off so i can test fit and see what it looks like if its close ill try to get 2 tires so i can drop it down and see if i get some rubbing
mazdizzle   +1y
I'm running a 215/35/18 tire on mine and the lip of the rim sticks out just a hair wider than the tire
jason eden   +1y
ya I know for sure that i cant have any tire bulge. I hope I can make them work so I can get them redrilled i was thinking of powder coating white or black not sure yet
jason eden   +1y
well the nubs are gone in the rear rims fit but the lip of bed touches the face of the rim. i think im going the roll the fenders any input on this? i was going to use a pipe and roll it ones then lower it a bit and do it again.

also will 1/4" clearance be ok when i go side to side? thanks jason
mazdizzle   +1y
Honestly I would have the axle narrowed before I flared the bed sides out. I just thing they look terrible. Rolling the lips would be ok. I trimmed mine before I painted it
jason eden   +1y
ya i didnt want to trim because then there is a sharp edge and i think its a bit stronger with it rolled. I hear you on the flared beds looking like ass but i wasnt going to get crazy i saw online were you take a phone book and put it on top of tire then lower bags " i thought this might give me an extra 1/4" or so" dont want it to flare like a dually. thanks for the help can you post some pics of your fenders and the inside of your bed i not sure if i want to cut my wheel wells out or not and if i should mount all my stuff under bed or on top and then run a tonneau cover " its going to be driver to work and other places and dont want people messing with my lines or parts. thanks again
mazdaron   +1y
You can cut the support bars on the bed (one in-front of tire one behind) and use a sizor jack with a block of wood . Then re-weld the bars and call it a day. here is a link from mini truckin .