Page 1 of 2
Mazda Lifting Static \  question lol

question lol

Mazda Lifting Static Mazda Suspension Mazda Tech
views 2381
replies 10
following 6

87_b2600   +1y
all right guys, anyone know how to do this? if so lemme know lol!! would like to lift here without payin to much lol
dropped90(justin)   +1y
blocks and crank the torsions up. could always body lift too.

-Justin
87_b2600   +1y
dont really trust myself cranking the torsions lol. and how could i block it i have always wondered that. and yea i could do a body lift. lol
87_b2600   +1y
where could i get blocks? could you get them at autozone? and also for raising the front end couldnt i just get some aftermarket shocks? I found some that give you a lil lift in both front and back. Just an idea.
indallas1978   +1y
I have always got mine at an auto store such as Autozone. They usually come as a kit with the blocks, u bolts, nuts and washers and are around 30 bucks.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
new shocks are only gonna make the ride stiffer or softer not height. cranking the torsions are very easy. there are a bunch of threads on here about how to do it. Blocks you simply put between your rear springs and the rear end. And autozone is usually the best place and they run arount 20-40 bucks.

-Justin
87_b2600   +1y
all right thanks guys. I still dono about the torsion bars. will they make the ride stiffer or softer with the stock shocks? Thanks for all the imput and help out guys. It really all helps a lot.
1hotdawg   +1y
It doesn't get much easier than turning the torsions and putting in blocks bro. Really. Just buy the blocks, and get to work. Front suspension will probably stiffen some.
87_b2600   +1y
all right thanks 1hotdawg. gotta wait till tax return to get workin on the truck right now lol
wageslaveescapist   +1y
On pirate 4x4 I hear people always saying that blocks are bad, they can change the diff angle and other things. They say shackles are the way to go, and that's really easy. I got some lift by making a triple bastard leaf spring pack, now I'm trying to figure out how to crank the torsion bar. After that I'll get some new coils for the front and maybe make some coil spacers from plumbing parts.