Page 2 of 2
Mazda 2.6L \  Mazda just won't start

Mazda just won't start

Mazda 2.6L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3030
replies 13
following 8

anthony   +1y
Yes, it is too bad there is nothing here. I live in the middle of nowhere New Mexico. Albuquerque is a two hour drive and that's the closest place of any size. The interwebz say those ECM's have a habit of giving out in the heat and it was pretty hot that day it failed so I'm hoping thats it. There is definitely a leak of black crud coming out of that black capacitor.

TOny
scotch   +1y

It started failing a long time ago. It's just now that it's done enough damage to cause your no-start. Even in the event that you have some other problem that is causing your no-start, your computer does have a problem and if it's not causing your problem today, it will soon.

Give me a shout on Friday and I might be able to help you out - (239) 330-4060.
johnjohnston   +1y
it your computer like everyone is saying... ill bet on it
geterdun   +1y

This only applies if that is where number one plug lead is plugged into the cap. Make sure that number one plug wire is plugged into the terminal on the cap that you are pointing the rotor button at.
With fuel and spark but no run, no backfire explosions, more than confusing. Is the fuel line pumping fuel or water (condensate in the tank or water in the last gas you bought, pissed off enemy/friend) into the filter? Disconnect fuel filter and check.