Page 2 of 4
Mazda 2.2L \  HELP ME!!!!!

HELP ME!!!!!

Mazda 2.2L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3625
replies 31
following 6

toddluck   +1y
should be ..it sounds like an advance problem to me....its a mazda dont take it over 3grand....LOL
slammedyota91   +1y
Lol, Getting on the freeway I have to utilise my gears lol, I have z71's with puny tires lol, the motor revs like a madman lol
layedoutb2k (chase)   +1y
this might be a long shot but it sounds exactly like a problem i had on my mazda before. did you raise your gas tank in the original location? i had that problem because my fuel line was pinched under my bed at the crossbracing because of a raised gas tank and the line wasnt routed right. i had checked or replaced everything that would involve spark and fuel delivery before i found that out. it wasnt until it stalled on me once in the middle of a bridge and almost got plowed by a semi that i parked it and tore everything apart to find the source. like i said it might be a long shot but it still frustrates me today that something so small could cause such a hidden and ongoing problem.
slammedyota91   +1y
^^ No I have moved the tank actually at all, Yet, I need t raise it a lil bit but havent done it yet, But good thinking, It could be starving for fuel, But that would mean running lean, which also means getting hot, and its not getting hot, at all.
slammedyota91   +1y
Maybe Im missing something, Whats suppose to move when I suck on the vaccum line? There is no visible diaphram to watch...
thought id try. if its starving and running lean, sometimes it wont get too much hotter. mine didnt when i was having that problem but it probably was getting enough fuel until that rpm range which will need a lot more fuel as the rpms go up.
slammedyota91   +1y

I appreciate the help man, I need all the help I can get.
slammedyota91   +1y
Ok, So I put a vaccuum line on my distributor vac advance valve, and I sucked and I can feel something moving? Or something lol, kinda hard to explain, I dont see anything moving though, Is something suppose to move? I need help guys come on!!
the rod coming out of the vacuum advance is supose to move and in turn rotate the assembly it connects to inside the dist. it might be hard to get the assembly to move by just sucking. but you can pull the vacuum advance off(or maybe just where the rod connects inside the dist) and make sure the rod moves with suction.
slammedyota91   +1y
Ill check that out, any other suggestions? thanks guys!