Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  B running rough

B running rough

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 753
replies 1
following 2

1986b2000   +1y
Alright so after swapping the old motor wiht a rebuilt engine it ran fine for a week. I put my intake with the weber on rebuilt engine and ran with no air cleaner till the new kn replacement came took a week.. now it's been misfiring and after it warms up it wont idle. I tried resetting weber to factory tune but still does it. It also dies if I don't give it gas when stopping or at a light so I had to turn idle screw in all the way. Found a vac leak on back of carb so I redid the seals between plates all the way down to intake with fuel safe gasket maker. Problem still persists. I tried another set of plugs wires and distributor cap. Problem still there. Any ideas on what this could be? I'm lost right now. Any help is appreciated.
geterdun   +1y
Check that the bolts holding the carb down are tight. sometimes this needs to be done after the gasket has heated and cooled some. Unless this is where you have already used the sealer.
Check all around the carb for an uncapped vacumn connection.
Set the idle up (or on a fast idle notch of the choke), unplug each vacumn line one at a time and replug. If one makes no difference, you have your leak circuit.
Page 1 of 1