Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  truck keeps dying while driving

truck keeps dying while driving

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 704
replies 5
following 4

reed_bryant   +1y
so the other day on my way to school my truck died three times. everytime it died, it started right back up. The next morning, it died again one time and again, started right back up. today, it died again and started back up no problem. It usually dies while im stopped or idling or at low speeds. but it did die once while i was driving at about 40. Does this sound like a fuel pump issue?
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Sounds like the electrical part of your ignition key is going sloppy and losing contact when the key flops around.
sincitylocal   +1y
+1 on the ignition switch.
reed_bryant   +1y
Anyone got a link to an ignition switch that i could order ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
You might be able to test for a bad / sloppy switch by taking all the other keys off a key ring except the ignition and see if the problem goes away.
Cusser   +1y

Better test would be a DC voltmeter or test light on coil positive terminal while someone turns the switch like 25 times and jiggles it, see if the light or voltage drops out at all. Remember the cranking circuit is different; and when mine went bad (like 18 years ago) I still had voltage to the coil in the start position but once I let off the key I had no switch continuity.
Page 1 of 1