Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  whistling noise

whistling noise

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 822
replies 3
following 4

reed_bryant   +1y
i was driving home last night and my truck started making a whistling noise and it started smelling like burning rubber. The whistling stopped after a few minutes but idk what the noise was. I was thinking maybe a belt?? any help would be appreciated
dynomike   +1y
Slipping belt. Check tension on them. Probably have one or all that needs replaced.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
I would disconnect the belts and check the pulleys for binding. I had the AC tensioner that starting going bad and that is what it turned out to be the source of the noise.
87forever   +1y
I would check the ps tensioner these do wear out! If you find with the belt off this pulley has any noise or drag replace just the bearing.The bearing can be tapped out with a socket of the same diameter." target="_blank This should be the item you might need after a quick search.Just a idea and while this might not be the issue info can never hurt.In short placing the pulley between two pieces of wood and lube it with some penetrating oil pop it a few times and it will fall out.Install I recommend using some wheel bearing grease (lightly) on the edge's of the bearing a reseat the new bearing IF you need this.Btw the pulley goes on 1 way correct,if you install it backwards on the bolt hold on the pulley will rub and misalign the belt(very obvious) Mark the pulley front and back before removing the bearing.This has happened and mearly advising ahead of time.
Page 1 of 1