Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  b1600 with b2000 carb

b1600 with b2000 carb

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 797
replies 3
following 3

Bens b2k   +1y
hi guys im new to the forum so im not to sure how to do things, haha, now ive adapted a mazda fe carb to fit on my 85b1600 and it runs average,(at least it goes) its getting to much fuel, how do i adjust airfuel mixture on these carbs? and what do the 3 solenoids do, one above the fuel inlet, one in the middle of carb and one behind throttle and when do they need power? any info would b appreciated, cheers
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Why didn't you just use a Weber? The factory carbs on both the gen 1 and gen 2 are junk.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y

The one near the fuel inlet is the feedback control solenoid which is there to lean out the mixture once the system goes into closed loop operation. It's actually an atomizer which is controlled by the Electronic Control Module, that unless you have everything else hooked up to make it work, it won't work. And if it doesn't work, you can't adjust the mixture. It just won't adjust. The system defaults to a rich state and you *might* get 20 mpg instead of 24-26.

The solenoid behind the carb is an idle stop solenoid and it's there to kill the engine and stop it from dieseling when you shut it off by introducing a huge amount of air when you turn your key off.

I don't remember what the third solenoid controls. But Webers do a pretty good job when the factory carb just isn't up to the job anymore, like maybe in your case.

Hope this helps.
Bens b2k   +1y
i had a fiddle round with the solenoids, got it running good now, i was thinking using a webber carb but funds wouldnt allow and i got this carb for rather cheap, goes very well has much more power than the original carb had, cheers for the input guys
Page 1 of 1