a/c fill

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 727
replies 3
following 3

jimlaw50   +1y
Does the 88 thru 90 a/c run on 134 refrig or R12
dynomike   +1y
R12. I converted mine to R134A. It blows fantastically cold!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Cusser   +1y
All the air-conditioned B-trucks to 1993 had R-12 originally. Mine's still R-12, works great.

Converting to R134a generally won't have the performance of R-12 in the hottest parts of the country. And the R-12 mineral oil must be flushed out as that's not compatible with R134a refrigerant. R-12 is still legal to use and available.

Any system that does not have refrigerant = system with a leak. So leaks need to be fixed first, and new receiver-drier if all the refrigerant has leaked out.

AC work is not for the uninitiated; you need a vacuum pump, service gauge set, safety googles, and leak detection system at minimum.
dynomike   +1y
I sold my a/c manifold gauge set a long time ago. I had a friend that owns his own shop evacuate it for me for free. Then purchased the 134 adapter set for the high and low side. Then Refilled it with the proper amount of 134 refrigerant and conditioning/lubricating oil. It works flawless, blows crazy cold air. I haven't stuck a thermometer in the center vent yet to know exactly how cold though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 1