Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  fuel issues

fuel issues

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 686
replies 1
following 2

jimlaw50   +1y
I bought a DGEV Weber carb and I am still having fuel consumption, not sure what the sizes are on the jets that are in the carb and I also have a 701 DGV 4 Redline calibration kit that I ordered with the carb. the sales rep said with me living in tennessee with high humidity that I would need this kit, the only thing I can see a difference in with the weber is it doesnt die at all and I love it since I dont have to play 2112 drumming between the clutch and the brake. So would it make a difference if I ordered a smaller jet kit or is there anything with the carb I can do to help it get better gas milage or would the bigger idle jets in the kit help any or maby advance my timing or decrease the timing help at all with my fuel problem.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
Advancing your timing would help with fuel mileage. But Tennessee has a lot of steep hills, so maybe that wouldn't help so much. What kind of mileage are you getting, and what are you expecting to get? Have you done the other parts of a good sharp tuneup? Maybe your wires are worn out. You can check for that by opening the hood at night and watching for spark flashover. I found a coil that was doing that on a vehicle that was giving really poor fuel mileage. Hope this helps.

p353106
Page 1 of 1