Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  motor troubles in 87...video included

motor troubles in 87...video included

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 942
replies 6
following 4

h0tr0d   +1y

Here it is running. The motor has plenty of spark, plugs are all new and the wires are new, dist cap and rotor are both in great shape and the points are not blistered. Motor has a slight jerk to it, it's aggravating me to death. I've adjusted my float in the carb to specs it was way out...i've also adjusted the carb per the weber tuning settings to get the best possible sound/idle...but still the jerk in the motor....

any ideas?
89bluedemon   +1y
Might want to check on the choke adjustment. Unless that was a cold start then your choke should open up a lot more than that.
Cusser   +1y

Ya' REALLY got a points-style distributor????
h0tr0d   +1y
i say points but its those stems on the underside of the cap and the center graphite piece that isnt blistered..
h0tr0d   +1y
thanks, i'm going to check the choke as I think that's my big problem.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
I would check the vacuum advance for a vacuum leak. It sounds to me like the advance starts to pull the engine up and then the engine starts to "gargle" when the vacuum signal deteriorates. (starts to leakdown)

Pinch off the lines and then rev the engine. See if the engine revs up without hesitation, just for testing.

Once you have the engine at 2500 or so, release the pinch and see what happens. If the advance is bad, your problem should reappear.

You have a two cell vacuum advance. One line is supposed to go to ported vacuum and the other is supposed to go to manifold vacuum. Someone else on this board will probably be able to tell you which line goes where with a Weber. Hope this helps.
h0tr0d   +1y
thanks brother, i'll check that as well. Trying to trace down these gremlins so my engine runs smooth this season til I can afford to do a swap.
Page 1 of 1