Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Blown?-Resolved

Blown?-Resolved

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 568
replies 0
following 1

moozda   +1y
Hello all! New member here Recently my dad gave me his '84 B2000. It has 202k miles on it and is an amazing truck, despite my best efforts though, it has begun to tick/knock. This truck is weak with only 84hp anyways but I havent noticed a decline in power. Ive kept a close eye on the oil even added a little lucas to smooth the little fella out but as I said, its ticking/knocking. Its not really a tick but not really a knock either, kinda in between. The Emissions system was removed by the original owner and on the front of the manifold there was a hole about the size of a quarter, the last big snow we had here in tennessee I blew the bolt out that the orig. owner had in place to keep the thing quite. I ran it fpr about a week or two like that so Im not sure if I did any damage. All I want to know is what are the most common easiest and.inexpensive things to start trying before I sink in for a complete rebuild or the oh so dreaded 302 or Kia swap. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Turns out the noise was indeed from the smog pump hole on the front of the manifold After some searching I found a metal plug at my local Oreillys and it was a perfect fit thank goodness! 202,626 miles and still going strong Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.
Page 1 of 1