Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Replacing cigarette lighter

Replacing cigarette lighter

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3033
replies 8
following 6

evan_w   +1y
I need a bit of help on the wiring of a new cigarette lighter. there wasnt one in the truck when i bought it so im starting from scratch. can anyone tell me what wire i should be looking for in the dash and how to wire it?

Thanks in advance.

-Evan
fdugn545   +1y
I would just run a wire from the fuse box. I'm pretty sure all these trucks came equipped with the cig lighters so there's should be a dose spot for it. If there is just pull your fuse box (not hard to do just two screws on it, and if u don't have room loosen the two screws on the bottom of the dash to make room). So long as there's a fuse spot it's easy. If for some strange reason there isn't a fuse then I would just tap into another constant power fuse.

Fred

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Cusser   +1y
On my B2200 the cigarette lighter is on a switched circuit, so operates only when the key is turned.

I added an always-on cigarette lighter socket in the glove box for recharging my phone, that was from parts store and had an in-line fuse in its hot lead.
evan_w   +1y
I would like to make it an "always on" outlet. How would i go about wiring it to either a constant power fuse in the fuse box or straight to the battery?
fdugn545   +1y
I wouldn't run it from the battery directly. But there are plenty of wires to tap into in the fuse box. Just get a test light and do some probing.

Fred

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
lifewontwait   +1y
pick up an ATC add a fuse at the auto parts store
they run about 6 bucks or so.

then just put it in the cigarette lighter fuse spot

Cusser   +1y

That I like.
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
As I recall, there is a blue wire with a red tracer in the harness that runs to the area near where the lighter would attach. This is on the 86-93 trucks. If it's there, it should solve your wiring issue. The fuse box has a 20 amp cavity that all you would have to do then is add the fuse.
oliver wake   +1y

Hello fdugn545, I have personalized mixture twice and still not operating so have taken to my Little store nowadays for them to kind as still under assurance. I am having issues discovering an adaptor that fits the smokeless (only E-Cig) huge I have three but nine fit?
Page 1 of 1