Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Help with '84 wiring connectors around intake

Help with '84 wiring connectors around intake

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 840
replies 6
following 5

roflwaffle   +1y
So, I pulled the head, and I usually label everything, but labels came off.. and I'm kinda stumped with the last 2 electrical connections.

I have 2 sets of bullet connectors, but only one female set I see in the area to connect to.

1) Anyone have any idea what these are for? (they dont exist on an 82)
2) anyone have any clue which set of bullet connectors the female wire connects to? and if so, what the heck is the other one supposed to connect to? I dont see any other lines..

The truck is slightly annoying in that there's a bunch of plugs in the engine bay that don't connect to anythign for other options my truck didn't come with, etc.. but I'm guessing both of these connect to something!

thread post photo
vajr86   +1y
Did you figure it out yet?? I got an 83 I can get pics from if you want??
roflwaffle   +1y
I have not yet figured it out. Finished installing the head gasket and it's running without whatever they are hooked up, but not great (havn't done timing yet).

I checked an 82 at the junkyard, and it doesnt have em, maybe an 83 has it? I ordered a mazda shop manual and i'm sure it'll be in there.

thanks!
84blackb2k   +1y
I have an 84. Check the underside of your intake. There should be two little posts that those female connectors slide on to. If you've already bolted the intake on, just run your hand around the underside towards the back of it and you should feel the two little posts. I just did my headgasket, and I had the same problem. I dont really know what they are for, because I had it running without one of them on, but who knows. Better safe than sorry haha. Hopefully this helped.
nlsolja123   +1y
Which wire work a the temp gauge ?
roflwaffle   +1y
thanks 84b2k

Apparently it's for the carb heater and another temp sensor.. not on the 82 model, but on the 84...

not sure what the carb heater's function is, but might as well hook it up yea, i guess i'll have to feel around for it.

thanks!
burtandurny101   +1y
I have an 83 which does have those.

only catch is i have a weber now so they arent hooked up. So this is from memory....

The red one with a black stripe i am pretty sure goes to the carb heater on the carb jumble, and the e-chock is powered on the white plug (yellow with a stripe) and i think the others go to some electrical dingus on the carb someplace.

The temp sender wire tucks into the harness before that mess....
Page 1 of 1