Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  1984 Carb Tuning

1984 Carb Tuning

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2591
replies 15
following 6

mazdarod   +1y
I have a 1984 with stock motor and carb. It was having a rough / low idle so I tore down the carb for a much needed cleaning. After reassembly truck now has a high idle and adjusting the idle screw doesnt seem to fix the issue.

Does anyone have any experience tuning these carbs? Any tech info on this?

I'm a bit concerned that I got the jets back in the wrong place.
mazdarod   +1y
Does anyone have an exploded view diagram of this carb with a parts list?
zackarytucker87   +1y
Does this help?
post photo
slammed83mazda   +1y
Once the carb starts acting up you can pretty much bank of just biting the bullet and buying a new one.
mazdarod   +1y
Would you recommend replacing it with a factory carb or a weber? I want to make sure it's reliable and don't want a huge project in swapping on a weber of that's what it takes.
mazdarod   +1y
Does anyone have a link for a Weber install write up for a pre 84 Mazda? I've done some searching on here but cant find any actual install photos or instructions. Mainly concerned with what to do with all the vacuum lines and if the factory throttle linkage will work without modifications.

Talked with Redline today and they said the K674 kit would have everything Id need.
nlsolja123   +1y
I have the adapter for sale to bolt on the Weber . Its brand new never opened.
slammed83mazda   +1y
I went ahead and just bought a brand new reman original one that way I didnt have to worry about throttle linkage and etcccccc. 2 linkage bolts and 4 carb bolts and BOOM done.
nlsolja123   +1y
I swapped to throttle cable bc my linkages were shifty due to no bushings.... Then I swapped to the fe3 motor
mazdarod   +1y
I bought the K674 kit from redline today, should be here Monday they say. If anyone has some install photos or threads for a pre 84 weber setup that would be awesome! I've tried searching on here but coming up empty.