threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  2.2L flywheel different from a 2.0L?

2.2L flywheel different from a 2.0L?

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1282
replies 8
following 4

mercilessltd   +1y
Can I use the flywheel from a 2.2L in a 2.0L?

Sent from my Garnet Red SGS III running [url=" "]Dandroid using Tapatalk 4
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
I'm not very sure, so don't take my advice very strongly, but i wouldn't it may but i know the transmissions themselves wont interchange but could just be the bellhousing bolts?

Also why would you wanna do this? The clutches for the 2.2 are very cheap as clutches go. not being rude but just asking.
inlinesicks   +1y
Yes, its the exact same flywheel.
mercilessltd   +1y
Wait, the transmissions don't swap? I was told they do...

I'm doing it because I pulled the clutch of my 2.2 and it's immaculate. I was even prepared to buy a new one but there's no need. The one off the 2.0 I can guarantee will be terrible...

Sent from my Garnet Red SGS III running [url=" " target="_blank"]Dandroid using Tapatalk 4
inlinesicks   +1y
I could be wrong but I'm almost positive the transmissions swap just fine, if I remember correctly there is a small difference between the two but nothing that would prevent you from using them on either engine.
Post was last edited on Sep 07, 2013 11:09. This post has been edited 1 times.
mercilessltd   +1y
Whew. Just about went nuts...

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Like said wasn't trying be rude just curious as to why you would, figured this to be the reaosn ahead of time just asked anyways never know. and i think the bellhousing pattern is different other than that everything should work.
orangemazdab2000   +1y
The transmissions will interchange and the flywheels are the same. The only difference is that the brackets that bolt from the tranny to each side of the engine block are different and the small metal coverplate that goes on the bottom of the tranny that hides the back of the flywheel is slightly different.

Just be sure you have the proper parts for whichever tranny you're using and everything will be fine.
mercilessltd   +1y

These parts will bolt directly to the 2.0 engine?

Page 1 of 1