threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Clutch replacement questions.

Clutch replacement questions.

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1404
replies 6
following 4

fdugn545   +1y
Okay guys my recent flood conditions have really taken a toll on my clutch. I have quite a bit of throw out bearing noise and my clutch seems to "slip" at times. I haven't pulled it apart yet (lack of time and money...) But I plan on buying a new clutch kit soon. So is there any specifics that I need to know on doing this? Also I've heard of people replacing the rear main seal while their there what does that entail? Thanks as always guys,

Fred

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Cusser   +1y

Fred - absolutely get the flywheel re-surfaced, always with a slipping or partially slipping clutch. My B2200 has had a Luk clutch kit on it since about 2005, works fine. I did NOT do this job myself, though.

I believe Luk will actually come to your place and deliver your clutch kit and resurface your flywheel on their truck, so sounds like a good plan to me.
jiffyzx6   +1y
How much was that cusser? Going to have to do that to my b2600i
fdugn545   +1y
My buddy is a mechanic so I'm not worried about getting it done as for getting it resurfaced I'll check into that and get it done. But what about that rear main seal?

Thanks!

Fred

Cusser   +1y

Can't remember, must've found it online. Have Luk clutch in my '88 B2200 and Exedy clutch in my 1998 Frontier. Both have been good for quite a few years and miles now.
fdugn545   +1y
Well I drove my truck for the first time since the flood today and my clutch isn't slipping anymore. Still have slight throw out bearing noise but not like before. I've been looking into stage 2 and 3 clutch kits? Is there anything specific I'd need to do to install these types of clutches? Or is it even worth paying more for the "better" clutch? Thanks guys,

Fred

87forever   +1y
I went with autozones oem dynapack full clutch kit.I would not buy the pricier kit myself. .Just make sure to replace your pilot bearing,rear main seal and get your flywheel machined in this work.If the flywheel has any cracks in the bolt area replace it.
Page 1 of 1