Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Truck cutting out when over half throttle

Truck cutting out when over half throttle

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1499
replies 7
following 4

utahb2000   +1y
Engine is cutting out and has a slight hesetation when exceeding half throttle I have replaced the o2 sensor fuel pump fuel filter air filter cap and rotor I even ordered a remanufactured carb from carburator express I should have bought a webber sence I have no emissions not sure where to go with this.
If any one would like my rebuilt carb let me know I would like to get 200.00 so I can purchase a webber Thanks for any help.
If interested check these guys put out a quality product and dyno tune all there carburators. send me a pm I also accept paypal.

carb-x.com/
Cusser   +1y
Check your fuel flow; replace fuel filter, maybe even check the fuel sock and fuel tank for rust clogging fuel flow.
utahb2000   +1y
I have already installed a new fuel filter. fuel flow is fine I also blew the fuel lines out with 8 psi. I tried everything I can think of with the results always being the same. still cutting out when you floor it.
filigree   +1y
Mine does the same thing, but it acts more like it floods out for a second when you first hit the gas. I learned if I stick with one brand of gas it helps a lot also check to see if its vapor locking. I think my actual problem is the fuel pump is over pressuring.
utahb2000   +1y
I guess it could be flooding. the chugging or serging seems to stop when I floor it but it takes a little while to go away. This is very frusterating and I would hope someone would have had the same problem and how they fixed it. I am not sure if it's the feedback carb or something simple that I may be overlooking. Thanks for the replys every ones input helps. I will defently let you guys know when I have fixed the problem if that day ever comes.
filigree   +1y
well if it helps i've rebuilt my carb and checked for vacum leaks everywhere changed the filter all the basics including new coil plugs wires etc. Been to 6 mechanics who all say they are stumped with it plus i find it hard to narrow it down cause sometimes it does it sometimes it dont ive had the issue for 2+ years now kinda just learned to deal with it since i love the truck. Its also only got 20k miles on the engine since the rebuild so its not a engine thing im sure. It seems like it floods out till my second barrel kicks in and vacum advance hits. If you pump the gas once then hit the floor board it gives it that bump into your rpm band and it dont have issues. Out of curiousity does yours keep reving for a second or two after you let of the gas cause mine does it takes a sec to wind back down when you left off.
utahb2000   +1y
The engine revs down just fine. this happens all the time when the engine is cold or warmed up
87forever   +1y
thread post photo
here is the air/fuel solenoid this can make the carb run rich and may be the issue your having.You said you rebuilt the carb but this part is what fails.Also I would recommend if you have not already remove your egr valve and clean it out!!!! has three 10 mm bolts,one vac line,one electrical conn, just make sure the metal pintal moves freely back and forth and use carb cleaner to clean it and NOTE the position of the gasket on it when you remove it and reinstall exact.If this is gooked up it will cause drama like it is the carb,and how are your charge air pipe filters?That aluminum housing on the air cleaner has 3 filters inside that restrict air flow if all gummed up.I am leaning the part above or egr unless you did the egr clean up already.I got this part from " target="_blank for 136.00.I may be over thinking this idk just sharing some thoughts
Page 1 of 1