Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  2.0 fuel pump relay

2.0 fuel pump relay

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3977
replies 5
following 5

elbine69   +1y
Who knows where the fuel pump relay is on an 83 B2000? Ive got no power to the pump so Im assuming the relay is bad. A wiring diagram or a description of where it is would be great!
emjay   +1y
I am not too familiar with the first gens and my books don't indicate a fuel pump relay. Where I would look would be either the driverside kick panel, the passenger side kick panel, or under the hood on one of the fender wells. It is likely close t one of your fuse blocks.
84sundowning   +1y
Same Issue here either my pump just went out yesterday morning or my relay is bad I havent got underneath it yet to diagnose it. Where was your relay located if you remember? And your pump? I have a 84 Sundowner.
mercilessltd   +1y
Are the 1st gens electric fuel pump? The 2nd gens are mechanical and attached to the camshaft on the rear of the engine, intake side.
84sundowning   +1y
Ya the first gens are electric fuel pumps. It is located on the frame rail just in front of the fuel tank. And as far as the relay goes I just wired around it. I stole power from my cigarette lighter and routed that to my new fuel pump. So it remains on with the key off with the key like it should be and has a fuse in the fuse panel.
waggscj   +1y
I ran into same problem on my 84. I was told it is under dash to the left of the radio, its a metal relay with 2 connectors plugged into it that says 3point-relay on it anyways there is another one that has the same plugs in engine compartment on the passenger side a bit past the battery. I unplugged both and switched them turned key to on position and could hear my fuel pump run so now I'm having a problem on finding a new one any help finding one would be awesome.
Page 1 of 1