Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Front Main seal

Front Main seal

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1073
replies 3
following 2

jayeemo   +1y
ok i looked in the search and didnt see anything but is there a step by step on how to do it pic would help
maniacalmini   +1y
remove fan shroud, fan and radiator for room to work. there is a 21mm bolt holding the timing gear on behind the pulley. there are 3 ways to remove it. impact gun, but you have to remove your evap if you have a/c. easier ways to do it are; 1 use a 1/2" drive breaker bar or pipe on 1/2" drive ratchet for leverage. engine turns clockwise. youre going to use the ground to break the bolt loose when you turn it over. its torqued to 120 lbft. 2 is to remove the fan belt and use a chain wrench(basically vise grip pliers with a chain attached to the jaws) and wedge it on the frame or bracket and use a breaker bar to break loose. once the bolt is off remove the timing belt by removing the 6 10 mm bolts attaching the pulley to the timing gear. The front seal is around the crank snout. do not loose the key way thats on the crank snout. remove old install new and reassemble. if you line up the timing marks and set the first cylinder to tdc and dont turn the cam before you shouldnt have to reset your timing. 1 tip, when you reinstall the timing gear and belt, emove the spark plugs and turn the engine 2 full rotations and check the upper and lower timing marks. you may have to shift the belt a tooth or two on the cam gear to make sure both marks line up. its very hard to find this info online. lol and the Hayne's manual is vague(surprise,surprise) on the subject. ive done it twice already in a month and have to do it again soon. i messed up the first seal putting it in. was losing a qt of oil every 2days. VERY, VERY important last thing! make sure you torque the crank bolt to the 120 lbft. i forgot to and now i need a lower cam gear and crank pulley with the attaching bolts because mine cam off taking out a valve assembly and laid me out on the highway. so if anyone knows who i can get these from, maybe someone who did a engine swap or blew an engine, i would be eternally gretful. pretty broke with a baby coming, and it is my daily. hope this helps maybe someone can help me in return! lol
maniacalmini   +1y
sorry dont have pics. its pretty easy once you look at it and see it apart. took me a min to realize that the crank bolt was a friggin bolt. pretty much destroyed my pulley using a puller to get it off before finding some obscure mention of it on a site.
jayeemo   +1y
wow step by step for REAL!!!!"thx dude"
Page 1 of 1