Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Need Some Help

Need Some Help

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1131
replies 6
following 3

cbmms3   +1y
Ok so the other weekend i swapped out my radiator for a new oem. I had the battery out overnight and when i put it in the next day it was dead, no biggie right? So i jumped it and drove around for awhile then parked and went to bed. Woke up next morning and started up and drove to work but after work it was dead again and had to get it jumped (which took like 10 mins to finally jump). Drove it home and parked it and next day wouldnt start again so i got battery out and charged it and put it back in and still no start. My e-brake and battery light turn on but i have no clicking or anything when i turn the ignition. So im wondering if this could be an ignition problem? maybe a starter or even altenator? I just need some help to figure out where i should start looking.
bagged2.2   +1y
sounds like maybe a bad connection...any corrosion on the cables?maybe cleaning with wire brush.
cbmms3   +1y
I dont know if its a bad connection. The lights in the cab come on the dash (e-brake and little battery light). It started to sound like it was going to start but now it doesnt even do that.
baha   +1y
Yeah that definitely sounds like a bad connection. It's able to pull enough to run those small accessories(doesn't require much) but to turn the starter it can't. You might even here a clicking sound when you try to start it.
cbmms3   +1y
No it doesnt do the clicking noise anymore, just silent but lights on dash still pop up. So should i just cleaned the terminals up good?
bagged2.2   +1y
itd be a good start...
cbmms3   +1y
Well seemed like it would have been a bigger problem but i went out and cleaned up the terminals real good, gave it a quick charge and bam! started right up. Thanks for the help comrades
Page 1 of 1