Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  87 mazda b2000 cuts out

87 mazda b2000 cuts out

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4990
replies 9
following 3

troylong45   +1y
My b2000 is cutting out when I accelerate only slightly in one spot if I floor it is fine but slowly accelerating it cuts out if I push the pedal (or if im under the hood truning the accelerator) an inch or somewhere around there its like its flooded or something. What could it be?
emjay   +1y
#1 check the condition of the fuel filter. When was the last time that you changed it out? Did you by any chance get any bad gas? Sounds like a symptom of a partially clogged setup.
troylong45   +1y
no filter is good i tried it with the lid off ,i changed the fuel filter same i dont think its doin it now it was wierd it was like it was fluding or no gas and it snowed a lot and it wasnt the coldest day we had so i didnt under stand it it was in the single's last week and ran fine it died the other day when i stoped at a light and yestarday it was runnig bad dieing if i wouldnt floor it at lights and driving, i did get gas couple days ago but my wife got the same gas later that day
emjay   +1y
I did have an incident many years ago where the float inside the carburetor got out of whack. What happened was a pinhole opened up inside one of them and it filled with gas. Well, it never 'floated' to the top and was constantly dumping gas. Some of the carb rebuild kits that were sold in the early 2000s were of an inferior quality that led to this.
dutn@gauge   +1y
My 87 is doing the same this as of now, i changed the fuel filter and still didnt help. im getting like 170-180 miles to a tank..... shity gas mileage, im thinking a carb service must be in order.... going to pull it apart this weekend and take a look
emjay   +1y
Dutn, this sounds like your ECU is running in limp mode. A stock carb goes into limp mode when there is a sensor or a vacuum line somewhere that is not working properly. This causes it to run overly rich and uses a preset amount of fuel. At this point your o2 sensor isn't doing anything. That's the trouble about these feedback carbs.

If you are in an emissions controlled area then you'll wanna follow some vacuum line charts to see if it's all hooked up. After that you'll wanna verify that all your ground connections are solid like they should be. Then you'll need to diagnose all the sensors involved. I don't know much about this unfortunately as I live in an area where I can use a Weber.

If you are in an emissions free area then just get a weber and be happy.
dutn@gauge   +1y
i am emissions free! for now haha. do any of you guys have a good recommendation as to which weber to get? and where to get it?

also i pulled mine apart this weekend and found a couple of things....

thread post photo

rotor button.....

plugs all basically looked like this... this truck has 88k miles on it
thread post photo
troylong45   +1y
Wow that's nasty lookin lol do u get good gas on a webber I get like 18 mpg right now I smell like gas out the ass befor it warms up u can smell it and see tons of smoke
troylong45   +1y
Sweet well I rebulit my carb first one yea. It was way out of wack all the settings was way off. But I still need to replace a vacuum part on top of the garb not sure wat its called I think it retruns the chocke .... and this little tinny black box that bolts to the disberter and goes to the coil + side not sure wat it is ether
emjay   +1y
that's just a noise suppressor. you can get a universal jobber to do the same thing. should be less than 10 bucks.
Page 1 of 1