Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  need more power

need more power

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2395
replies 11
following 10

bizkuit   +1y
i have a 86 b2000 and it is kinda weak i am also on a limited budget so can any one help me with getting more power out of my stock 2.0. i have already got rid of ac, cat,muffler and breather tube. can i sand the intake ports on the intake?and can i do the same with the exhaust manifold. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
baha   +1y
Moved to engine section.
91b2200(cody)   +1y
weber carb?

pacesetter header?
bizkuit   +1y

and about how much will that cost me
91b2200(cody)   +1y
looks themm up on ebay im not to sure.

but if you look hard enough on bscene or mazdatruckin.com you might find someone who will sell you good used parts. and can save you some money rather than buying new.
fastonthetrack   +1y
Join the club, my 2.0 is gutless. I have a weber 32/32 and a pacesetter, together look to spend around 350 ish.. TURBO it, with new rings of course. lol
onelo86b2k   +1y
I think you can use some parts off of the probe or mx6 performance to help such as under drive pulleys, etc.....
hunterw   +1y
for the same exact reasons i am doing a motor swap. lol. there is not much you can do to the lil motors to make them worth while. sr20det ftw!
b2000freak   +1y
mazda easy on the eyes low on power
charlesskelter   +1y
You can waste money modding a slug for a slightly faster slug, or do a swap and be hapy the first time.