threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  "The Turd" has me constipated..

"The Turd" has me constipated..

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 831
replies 0
following 1

gusto   +1y
I bought "The Turd" a few weeks ago, it's an 86 b2000 se5 stock 2.0, the idle was set pretty high when I bought it, but it runs like a top, I've driven it daily without any setbacks, starts every time and doesnt seem to run hot or burn/leak any oil.
The previous owner had the following maintenance done prior to selling it, new plugs, wires, distributor, belts, radiator, inline fuel filter, oil and oil filter.
I've been getting a little bothered by having to shut it off when at the drive thru bank, resturant etc. because of the high revving engine noise.
I set the idle back today to what seemed like normal operating rpm's, about half the prior speed.
The motor during accelration worked smooth through the gears, but during braking it almost stalls(vacum?) unless I feed it a bit of pedal, at stoplights it bumped and chugged a little and I could hear some exhaust pops, when I shut it off it puked a few times making me think it was timing.
I swiped the timing light this evening and pulled out my chiltons for the b2000, the timing was a bit off, not too much, I noticed a few bolts stuffed in vacum lines and assumed they were deleting emission BS but I tried running them where they belonged, no change.
My next target is fuel delivery....I want to get it running proper before I proceed with the cosmetics.
Any ideas or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Page 1 of 1