threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  head gasket went. replace whole engine???

head gasket went. replace whole engine???

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1877
replies 12
following 5

jenn0421   +1y
ok u guys...unfortunetly the head gasket went on my truck...FUCKIN A....well i still dont wanna get rid of the truck but i by no means know enough to do a head gasket...i can get block and head at work for around 100 bucks, but what vehicles would i be able to swap one out of with out doin too much...remember i dont really know that much...
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
if you can't do a head gasket your going to have a hell of a time figuring out all the vac lines if you swap out for the same motor.
jenn0421   +1y
ya im sure i will....i have some friends that will be able to help me im just tryin to figure out wat the best option is right now i guess....i just need a car AGAIN....
jenn0421   +1y
ok so just gonna do head gasket, can get it for bout 50 bucks, and my dad will help me with it..by telling me wat to do while i do it all...haha, which is fine
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
there ya go.
toddluck   +1y
make sure you take the head to a machine shop and have it checked for cracks and warping
vjackowsky210   +1y
I actually just swapped my 2.2L FI out of my b22 for a 2.0L from a 85 626, it bolts right in, only thing different really is displacement and the oil pan needs to be switched around, other than that, pretty much a swap and go, my motor had 300K~ on it then head gasket blew so i just decided to swap it, found this motor with 15k on it, so I took it. If you end up swapping motors, any 626, etc. ford probes, motors bolt right in. GL bro, head gasket job isnt that had just made sure heads get machined and stuff.
jenn0421   +1y
yup yup...thats y i waitin right now, i wanna do everything right and i need the money for it...we will prolly end up takin the whole engine out while we do it so we can clean it all up from the oil leak it had b4 i got it
skrapinsask   +1y
dont pull an engine because of oil on the block! thats what degreaser and a pressure washer is for!
jenn0421   +1y
..his idea not mine...he says he wants to be able to check everything...idk, no one every said my dad was smart...and i know i dont know that much, i just goin along with him