Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  radiator?

radiator?

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1070
replies 3
following 4

1newmaz   +1y
Another prob. nothing leaks but I filled up the radiator and ran the motor all day and now the overflow is fillin up with the coolant I put in. Is it suppose to do this because now I have to fill the radiator up and it will do the same thing. I dont know if this makes any sense, if it doesnt tell me and ill make it clear.
neptune   +1y
is it bubbling? cuz if its gettin too hot dont drive it till you fix it! could be simple as a water pump or a radiator or worse a head gasket, but the hg on these is pretty simple
onelo86b2k   +1y
I would probably lean towards the water pump not flowing the coolant
emjay   +1y
I disagree. The water pump is going to continuously be flowing coolant regardless, it's driven by the timing belt. The ONLY 2 ways that it wouldn't circulate coolant was if the impeller disintegrated completely, and that's not very likely. The other way would be if there is a MAJOR restriction.

I am leaning towards either a seized thermostat or a bad head gasket. It is very easy to get a bad head gasket on these motors. FIX IT QUICK BEFORE YOUR HEAD GETS WARPED!!! It's happened to me twice in the past (once by a bad mechanic and the other on a long return trip Tampa-Atlanta.)
Page 1 of 1