Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  emissons crap.

emissons crap.

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2206
replies 11
following 8

twistedsmily   +1y
I was wondering if anybody ever try just capin off the emmison ports (or what ever it's called) on the stock exhaust man., and what did yall do with the tubes coming from the exhaust. I try to do a search but couldnt find much other than put a Header on it. but at this moment that not a option expense wise.
skrapinsask   +1y
well you can take the caps that screw onto the manifold and weld little peices of metal on top of them
you can cut the pipes a few inches from the manifolda nd crimp them followed by some tack weld
you can try to find blocker caps that fit right at the manifold but after going to multiple stores specializing
in fittings i was unable to find something that threaded properly and i think they may have made them a
certain size so you cant cap them off.

Personally i suggest buying the pacesetter when you have the cash!

GL!
oldspice213   +1y
i find a pacesetter on a b at the junkyard and picked it up for 20 bucks
sandblasted it and painted it
this will solve all your emissions problems
twistedsmily   +1y
yea if i had the money I would put a weber and pacesetter on it.
Ive looked in the junkyards but havent seen any with a pacesetter,
oldspice213   +1y
yea i hear ya i lucked out on the header and am saving up now for the weber 32/36 as for your setup you can take off those 3 tubes and unhook them from your exhaust and plate the holes shut in the exhaust
twistedsmily   +1y
well that takes me back to the first question,
think Im going to have to figure something out.
read somwhere that you could use Ford lug nuts for the ones on the Manifold
but Im not sure what truck or car they were for.
oldspice213   +1y
i never heard that but who knows haha
itslikewhooa   +1y
as odd as it sounds when I bought my truck, and started taking it apart and what not, I found a lug nut stuffed in each one of the hoses coming off the air cleaner box, and he had left everything on the exhaust man still hooked up.... don't now what size lugs they were lol but, I did find it weird.
mazdatweaker   +1y
The three tubes you are concerned about do nothing once the truck reaches operating temperature.

They are there to help the converter reach operating temperature sooner, so it isn't as likely to load up with carbon and clog.
binatang   +1y
A friend of mine just unhooked those 3 hoses and stuffed big bolts into them and tightened the hose clamps. Gonna do something similar myself eventually.