Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Need Help guys!!!

Need Help guys!!!

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 995
replies 5
following 3

1newmaz   +1y
Engine Help?? I know very little about engines so just bare with me. ok first of all when at idle I can hear a very faint ticking noise not loud at all but as I push on the gas the noise gets faster and a little louder, its not a rod knock but maybe a lifter(hope so). Is this easy to fix, from what I have read I could use a different oil and it should go away. Also, my truck is a little cold natured, it take a few times to get it started I have to give it gas before it starts and also keep the pressing the gas until it will stay running by itself. Sometimes when it is ideling when I push the gas it wants to die on me. But after its been running its fine. So thanks for reading I know its long but this site is great will deff. be a suppporting member soon. It is also a manual trans. if that helps any.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
these mazda's are notorious for lifter tick. take the valve cover off. get you a feeler guage. look in a mazda repair manual and see what it says about the spacing. adjust your lifter and you should be good. you should probably go ahead and buy a repair manual and follow the directions in there for how to adjust the lifters. also where are you located? maybe is one of us is near by we could help ya out.
1newmaz   +1y
ok located in stanton,TN close to Memphis is a bad thing to drive with the lifters like they are now kinda out of money
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
out of money? you dont need much to adjust the valves. a feeler guage is like $10, keep the original package and receipt, use it clean it up return it. and you can goto the book section at the autoparts house and read how to do it, take a note pad, take notes, no need in buying the book if you can't afford it.
oldspice213   +1y
yea go to like advance auto parts or autozone and get a haynes manual like 20 25 bucks well worth the money and get the feeler gauge also what kind of truck do you have carburated or fi
1newmaz   +1y
ok for some reason I thought it was gonna be expensive sorry. Ill pick that stuff up today. Its a carb. Ill keep ya posted with any more ? I may have
Page 1 of 1