Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  pre 85 trans

pre 85 trans

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1915
replies 12
following 8

bonewerx   +1y
im needin a trans for my pre and need 2 know what trans will work or if a newer b2000 auto trans will work or if its gotta be from a pre thanx guys
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
pretty sure its going to need be from the same era of your truck. alot of things changed on these trucks over the years.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
yeah completely different tranny.

-justin
skrapinsask   +1y
I would be a little scared getting an old pre trans that old from the wrecker and getting it installed to find out it doesn't work. Spend the money to get it rebuilt professionally and you will be happy.
bonewerx   +1y
I can rebuild it manual trannys aren't shit I jus don't wanna do it lol and idk what happend 2 mine first 5th gear pops out easy then it started soundin like the throwout bearing was goin out then when in neutral it acts like its grindin gears n catchin alil bit it may be low fluid but idk yet
slammed83mazda   +1y

Look into the slave cyclinder yet? I know I replaced mine like 3 times arleady.
oldspice213   +1y
yea it most likely is the slave cylinder
bonewerx   +1y
nah its brand new but the master is shot but when its in neutral the trans acts like its halfway in gear and u can see the driveshaft twistin everytime it grinds
slammed83mazda   +1y

Recheck your slave cyclinder, my shit does the same thing when in first gear. You gotta pump the clutch 2-3 times to get it out. My master cyclinder is brand new.
bonewerx   +1y
mine does it all the time tho unless u pull on the shifter towards a gear its wierd lol even if i pump it It does it and my pressure does bleed off