Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Smoking when warming up

Smoking when warming up

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1053
replies 4
following 4

gregfarz78   +1y
I bought the truck this way it smokes a bit when its warming up then settles down, shit smells like fuel I'm guessing its running rich? Pretty sure the timing is off the previous owner even let me know about that, could that be making it run rich? The exhaust is pretty rusted out too need to replace that but I don't think thats the reason for the smoke. I do most of my own repair work but I'm paying someone to do this b/c I don't have time, just want to get an idea what I'm dealing with so I don't get ripped off. Other than that it seems to run fine
dogfather   +1y
where you from Friend?

I have been told that Mazda's Have week Oil rigs and they Smoke, also if it's smells like fuel the choke could be not releasing when vacuum is applied thus causing more fule to be sucked in.

Oh you wanted an idea of cost if a friend turns the screwdriver $200 at a shop if you make sure what they tell you is the truth.
skrapinsask   +1y
Before i installed my Weber my exhaust blew smoke, little blue and white

after Weber and new pcv my trucks blows no colors even when cold
toddluck   +1y
valve guide seals are prolly worn
gregfarz78   +1y
Is it bad to drive it like that for long? I'm just using the truck for hauling around town no long distance drives or anything just want it to run decent w/o dropping a ton of money into it if I had to drop $500 to get it running right thats not a huge deal
Page 1 of 1