threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  rebuilt engine...engine will not stay on???

rebuilt engine...engine will not stay on???

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 849
replies 2
following 2

allupinu69   +1y
Hey whats up guys, well I recently had a shop put in a rebuilt engine in my 86 b2000. It was running fine when I left the shop. I ran it at about 60 mph steady on the freeway and when I exited onto an off ramp the engine just died. After that It would not stay on unless I had the gas depressed. Everytime I would get to a stop light and let go of the gas it would die. I took it into the shop and let them know what was going on and they got on it and supposely fixed the problem. Well it lasted a little longer but once again hit about 60 mph got off and engine dies. Would not stay on unless I have the gas depressed, but now it does it off and on, one stop light it will do it another it wont. Whats the deal any suggestions? I am taking it back to shop of course but want some input from you guys before I do.
at dusk   +1y
my only thought on this would be the fuel pump.. i had my fuel pump take a big poo on me... but ti only happend once the truck had been rinning for abut 15-30 minutes.. which made it really hard to figure out..

thats my only idea
allupinu69   +1y
hmm thats a thought Im thinking maybe a carbuetor adj or something...could be wrong
Page 1 of 1