Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  ECU Question..

ECU Question..

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1069
replies 8
following 5

vg30e86   +1y
On a B2000, once the stock carb is removed and replaced, and all emissions equipment has been removed, is there anything dependant on the ECU? I left mine in cause I wasn't sure if it was needed to pass on electricity through the wiring harness to anything else or not.
toddluck   +1y
if you went with a weber you can lose the ecu unless you have an auto tranny
vg30e86   +1y
Cool thanks
tre5   +1y
Not neccessarily... I have a auto tranny in mine with no computer hooked up. I runs and drives just fine. There are some wires coming from the tranny that are not hooked up, but everything works fine without them.
nc4life   +1y
Why would you need the ecu with auto tranny? They are some wires that come from the ecu that go over behind the dash towards the insturment cluster, with the wiper wires. Anybody know what they are for?
toddluck   +1y
hmmm..i know the ecu for the auto tranny is different # and plug color....figured there was a reason for that
h2omelon(nick)   +1y
lol
thread post photo

thread post photo
nc4life   +1y
Yes I understand there is a reason. I'm just curious what the extra wires are for.
tre5   +1y
One is the kick down switch. One is the overdrive override switch one is a ground (for those circuits) and one plug is the reverse lights.
Page 1 of 1