Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  another weber question

another weber question

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2128
replies 13
following 6

down2earth   +1y
I have an 87 B2000 and im in the process of bagging the front. Im getting ready to cut out the inner fenders. Im wanting to install a weber. My first question is what model weber would be best for me. Im not wanting to go fast get great performance just good gas milage. Another question is what all can i take off the fender so i can go ahead and cut out my inner fenders. Not to familiar with emissions crap so pictures would be awesome. Thanks in advance for the help
down2earth   +1y
BUMP. now i know somone has a picture of under the hood so i can see what i can take out.
sparage   +1y
You can remove the whole harness on the pass side just keep the main box and wipers if you want. This is on a manual not sure if the automatics need the computer for the transmission or not. I'll grab ya a pic tomorrow.
down2earth   +1y
Thanks dude if you could get a pic it would be great. Mine is also a Manual so that will be fine. I just dont want to move and take out alot of stuff and end up needing it.
sosatheshark   +1y
i throught whole harness away except main fuse box ,thats under battery tray,i dont have wipers so i scrapped it all computer and all, 32/36 or 34/34 is what alotr of people are running ,with a 34 gonna need a different throttle cable from a yota ,i have a 34/34 and love it :sorry i dont have pics
down2earth   +1y
thanks dude on the info. I will probably go with a 32/36 i guess if that will work for the b2000. wish it was a bigger motor but that might be later on.
sparage   +1y
86 B2000 32/36

sosatheshark   +1y
no prob bro ,good luck
down2earth   +1y
I ordered my weber yesturday. After i got to thinking about it i ordered one with electric choke. will this make a difference in what all i can take off the passenger side inner fender
elbine69   +1y
No, theres just a wire that runs down to the alternator I think for the choke.