Page 1 of 1
Mazda 2.0L \  Pacesetter Header Installation

Pacesetter Header Installation

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1392
replies 7
following 5

josdek   +1y
I have a chance to buy a Pacesetter header for a decent price and my downpipe is broken so the header is an interesting option. Does anyone know if it will hook up to the standard exhaust? What am I facing with the installation, I think I read someplace you have to modify the AC compressor bracket? Thanks for any input.
castaneda8   +1y
Mine went right on. No modifyin at all. I also have 2 inch piping though which is not stock. How ever headers heat up like crazy and you will have to change that gasket maybe once or twice a year. It becomes black and actually breaks in to pieces.
3day   +1y
do they make the copper gaskets for the pacesetter?
castaneda8   +1y
I haven't found any. Im sure if you look hard enough you can find them. I didn't. It isn't hard to change them though.
dirtracer14   +1y
When my gasket broke on the daily i used high temp RTV silicone gasket maker to make one for the header. Works great! Just put it around the ports and it seals up nicely.
josdek   +1y
Thanks for the replies...Castaneda8, so the rest of your exhaust is not stock size but where it meets up to the header it's a stock-like connection? Trying to figure out if I'm going to be into replacing more of the exhaust if I go this route. I don't weld and the local muffler place won't do it since I'm removing the cat.
castaneda8   +1y
it looks like 1 3/4" or 2". So Im not sure at the moment. Im pretty sure these pickups stock pipin should be 1 3/4" but I cant tell what it is. Theres so much snow That I cant get under it man. I honestly think that you will be fine dude cuz the end of the headerds is kinda small. I forgot if mine is 2" header back or catback. I will check tomorrow
blackesdime   +1y
mine went right in, NO problem. had to loosen the compressor to get it out of the way when putting it on, but it cleared fine.

my ONLY issue was the alignment to the flange on the stock exhause didn't line up 100%. But someone before me did work on the exhaust a couple inches past the flange... so i'm blaming that on someone else, not pace setter.
Page 1 of 1