2.0 engine oil psi trouble

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1010
replies 3
following 3

makgreens   +1y
so i finally got my engine running pretty good
well good things must come to an end i spose
i added an oil pressure gauge to my engine yesterday and at first it was working awesome and i actually had 60psi and then 45 idle....well that didnt last when she finally warmed up i was looking at 22psi at 1k idle(yeah it idles that high haha)
so i put another gauge to it...same thing...
and now im seeing steam out of either the egr valve or another breather hole in the valve cover(theres no emissions at all on my engine)
its not cold out maybe 50 at the coldest today and im pretty worried about my engine
i just changed the oil and the oil was black as hell
i was told this engine was rebuilt a few years back...i dont think the guy had a clue what he was doing because when i rebuilt my old 318 its didnt have oily valve covers,oil pan and possibly rear main

so any advice would be awesome
and any idea how much it would cost to get my engine COMPLETELY rebuilt...not just half assed
toddluck   +1y
try tightening valve cover and oil pan gasket b4 you get to worried
makgreens   +1y
so 20psi is ok?
my biggest concern was the steam from the breathers....
lo_maz86   +1y
Im not sure about the low oil psi, But i just had my 2.0 completely rebuilt new Cam, Crank, Pistons, Oil pump, Water pump, Rod bearings, Rings, Freeze plugs, Valve seals, Head milled and dipped, Block honed and dipped,Valves ground down and all my seals and gaskets... That ran me about 800$ but i put it all together myself.. If you don't feel like you can put it together yourself then your prolly looking at over a grand.. Instead of that i would just go with a long block, You can usually find them all over the net for about 900$ and there already put together ready to crank..
Page 1 of 1