Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  2.2 truck swap to 2.0

2.2 truck swap to 2.0

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1713
replies 10
following 9

all22s   +1y
i just bought a 1990 2200 ext cab with a bad motor, i also picked up a 1987 2000 with a good motor. im wanting to make the ext a running truck due to the clean straight body, as well as it being an extended cab.
will everything from the 2.0 swap onto the 2.2? im swapping the complete 2.0 engine in place of the bad 2.2 engine.
its been awhile since i have been on the forum. my old sn was audioinmotion. any help will be appreciated. yes i will be parting out the 87 after i get the 90 up and running correctly.
thanks.

jeremy
p3arlb2200   +1y
it should. i did mine from a 2.0 to a 2.2 and it fit perfect. i know trannys bolt up the same and everything and it ran perfect
all22s   +1y
YOU SWAPPED THE 2.2 ENGINE INPLACE OF THE 2.0? IM TRYING TO DO THE OPPOSITE...LOL.. A LITTLE LESS POWER, BUT... I DONT CARE... I JUST WANT IT TO RUN CORRECTLY. THEN I'LL SELL IT.
baggd   +1y
Is this really true? I just got an engine yesterday, from an 87 mazda and it's a 2.0...it had a magnum cover on it. Will it go on with a b2200 tranny?
toddluck   +1y
yes they are direct bolt up...everything is the same
dvsdev   +1y
Yeah mine's had the 2.2 taken out and the 2ltr put in, everything bolts up without any issues
porkchop69   +1y
i just did this for the past two weeks (inbetween a full time job and a 2 year old kid)
for the most part yes it bolts up the same
but there are some diffreneces i dont know what you plan on doing but i ran into some issues
but i went from a 2.2 auto to a 2,0 5 speed
timing belts are diffrent 2.2 only one option
on the 2.0 there are a couple diffrent option 110 teeth round or square 109 round or square 22mm or a 19 mm
the little half disc that is on the crankshaft pully that lines up gear is diffrent between the 2.2 and the 2.0
the bolt that hold it in place is a driffrent length 2.2 is longer 2.0 short
water pump is way diffrent
starter is the same alt is the same it bolt the the motor mounts the same
IF YOU RUN INTO ANY PROBLEMS MAN DONT HESITATIE TO WRITE ME I CAN DO THIS IN MY SLEEP
I CAN TELL YOU WHERE EVERY NUT AND BOLT GOES BY JUST DESCIBING IT TO ME
IF YOUR GOING TO DO THIS BUY ONE OF THEM LITTLE PLASTIC TRY THINGYS AND PUT ALL YOUR NUTS AND BOLTS IN THERE ITS A LIFE SAVER
maniacalmini   +1y
so i can remove my 2.2 engine and directly replace it with a 2.0? same intake manifold and my header will work? i have a 5sp trans in truck now. i'd like to keep the a/c also. thanks guys
maniacalmini   +1y
done
1hotdawg   +1y
and?