Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  Emissions

Emissions

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1934
replies 11
following 9

82b2k   +1y
I have an 82 with the o' so powerful 2.0 in it and it don't idle worth a shit until i plug the bottom vacuum on the brass vacuum canister off of the pcv valve and as you all know its connected to the egr valve setup in which i have already removed the egr valve and plated it half assed like.
Has anyone deleted the entire emissions on a pre85? I'm pretty mechanically knowledgable and can plug everything off i was just wondering on if it has a positive or negative effect on gas mileage and the way it runs in general.
elbine69   +1y
Get a weber and all the emissions stuff can be removed
toddluck   +1y
yes sir
slammed83mazda   +1y
as beautiful as that sounds, I would never fork out $300 on a carb for the puss motor that comes in these trucks.
82b2k   +1y
i don't see why it wouldn't work on the stock carb the only thing that works on vacuum on the carb is the choke and it isn't in the emissions? am i wrong? these motors don't have shit for power but im sure when tuned properly is pretty economical. Slammed does your truck still have all the stock emissions and such on it? Im at a loss right now on what to do i can plug the vacuum on the bottom of that canister but it pushes the extra emissions out of somewhere in the back of the motor. i think where i removed the egr valve but im not 100% sure.
slammed83mazda   +1y
Only thing I have is that canister on the driver fender. Post a pic that would really help.
trplezro   +1y
Be thankful you don't have the entire california emissions setup. Fuckin air pump and air injection GAH
maztang (ryan)   +1y
i have no emissions on mine. runs like a champ and when 5th gear worked i was getting roughly 27mpg with my weber. i got my weber brand new on ebay for 50 bucks. but i got lucky like that.
thatsmydawg   +1y
i got a weber and a header all the emissions is capped and the egr valve is plated and it passed emissions with flying colors not even tuned sat for years i brought it there oh and did i mension i dont have cats and it still passed
82b2k   +1y
On your pre? What header are you running?